How to resize image for facebook banner???

viewed 797 times • posted 2012-03-03T01:10:00+00:00
8 saved thisback to Everything Else

gracefaith

report post · quote
Premium
Hello,

I have gone to the place of great technilogical advancement- that is, the peak of all electronic innovation (ooh :O ) and have made my own Facebook modelling page. Indeed it seemed horrifyingly tricky at first, but it seems to be ready now. One thing though, I can't manage to get any of the pictures I want to be the right size for my banner. They are either too stretched looking or too close up when I try and compress (another amazing tech discovery I made recently) or re-size.

Some of you are probably tech wizzy. How does one get their image to fit the banner while keeping the whole images viewable?

Yours,

Damsel in technological distress.

gracefaith

2012-03-03T01:12:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
Premium
Oh, and the link for my page is here (as a shameless self-important plug) and for those who don't know what the fb banner is like.

sbp

2012-03-03T11:42:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
With reference to the link to your FB page being there, in the tradition of panto "oh no it isn't"

gracefaith

2012-03-03T14:04:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
Premium
Lol! I noticed as soon as I said it that it wasn't. All hands on deck- I really do need help to get the job done sometimes! To imagine I'm the daughter of a tech wizz as well! :O

I'm trying now to put it here. If I end up humiliated by inability again, you can find it on my profile page here :P

www.facebook.com/TheOriginaLady

CraigLlewellyn

2012-03-03T14:27:00+00:00 · gracefaith liked this · report post · quote
Premium
The link works!

gracefaith

2012-03-03T15:05:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
Premium
It's cuz I'm a genius Thanks for being the first to 'like' my page

BLphoto

2012-03-04T04:05:00+00:00 · gracefaith liked this · report post · quote
No. 2

gracefaith

2012-03-04T14:22:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
Premium
Thank-you!

James

2012-03-04T15:38:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
Manager
I "liked" you, using the MadcowModels page, but it doesn't appear in your likes :( I've liked you with my personal account too.

Liking the cover photo too!

James

gracefaith

2012-03-04T15:58:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
Premium
Thanks Jamesy! (I rename people. It's what I do)

I can't make things show up on my wall :/ I had the setting to approve before posts show but took it off. Technology hates me :(

Bronica

2012-03-04T19:22:00+00:00 · gracefaith liked this · report post · quote
Premium
Hi Damsel in tech distress lol,

Ill bring my mac book and show you how to resize at our shoot on the 14th at our 1st shoot.

John

gracefaith

2012-03-04T22:03:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
Premium
Lol, thanks John! What a nice place is MCM to have people offer to be so helpful. Until I made MCM my home I didn't know the Photography/ Modelling world could be so warm and fuzzy. It's all love thy MadCow neighbour here...

Enola Gay

2012-03-04T22:18:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
TopMember
Hi, can't offer any tekky advice, but a funny story when I joined facebook (not for modelling), I sent a friend request to everyone I've ever emailed in the last 7 years, this included tesco, ebay, easy jet, funky pidgeon, etc etc, then got a warning from fb saying they'd had complaints i was inviting people i didn't know....so admire you getting your page up and running!

And yes, Mad Cow is by far the best site, I don't bother with the others now.

Good luck and all the best.

Enola x

gracefaith

2012-03-04T22:26:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
Premium
Haha Enola, That's pretty hilarious. I think I can go one worse though...

When I agreed to let facebook invite my email contacts Facebook invited my dad. This guy is a nut (love him with all my heart :P ) He set up his account with an alias so that 'people watching' wouldn't be able to 'track his information'. Fair point, people can find out all sorts of things about you on these sites...but really?? Who's watching my dads activities?? Unless they want to know what moves he's making in World of Warcraft and that he just bought thermal socks from ebay?? If I was casing someones Facebook account it sure as heck wouldn't be a middle-aged nerd with cold toes... :/

Fi x

Enola Gay

2012-03-04T22:36:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
TopMember
That's scary!I inadvertadly invited my daughter, 30 seconds later got a phone call saying how
'uncool' it was for a mum to do that....she's now my friend, though I'm under strict orders not to write on her wall, or put any smilies or kisses on messages...

Enola x

gracefaith

2012-03-04T22:47:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
Premium
See, if you had an alias like my pap then people wouldn't know who you were so you would maybe be allowed to put smiles and kisses. :P

I'm happy to get messages from my dad and I think it's cool when he posts on my page, especially with kisses. Although the time he posted under a picture from a garden shoot in which I looked excessively smiley, "have you been smoking the plants again?", did most likely make me sound like a user or marajuana. This coincided with a time in which I was trying to get into primary teaching, and the teacher who I had asked for a reference, from the school I volunteered at, was on my Facebook Friends list. Cry.

I am a good girl. I have not been near drugs. I know my dad's sense of humor can sometimes be a tiny bit inappropriate/ woefully ill- timed :O

I didn't disown him, but I told him the care home won't mind is he insists that he's not senile when I have assured them that he is...

Fi x

wilsy82

2012-03-04T22:52:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
TopMember
Dads should always remember that its your kids who choose your care home!

Enola Gay

2012-03-04T22:57:00+00:00 · gracefaith liked this · report post · quote
TopMember
Lessons learned...I'm not disowned, yet, though there is time! ...

You have a great portfolio, and a rare vivaciousness for a model, your personality really shines,especially in your face, and wish you every success.

Enola x

gracefaith

2012-03-04T22:58:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
Premium
My dad and I have had an understanding for a few years now. I am the sensible offspring so he looks to me to make sure he is going to be looked after in his old age. However, I am also quite a frugal women, and one must take opportunities to make wise financially decisions. Therefor, my father is going to be living in a shed come his twilight years. Care homes are too expensive. Don't make the presumption that I am a cold person. The shed will be located nearby my residence so I can visit him when the mood takes me (but not so near that his by-then bad hip will allow him to visit me whenever he wants), and I also plan to fill his trough twice daily.

Can't say better then that.

wilsy82

2012-03-04T23:00:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
TopMember
You're all heart Fiona!! Hope my daughter is just as considerate!

gracefaith

2012-03-04T23:05:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
Premium
Thanks Enola,

Your port is pretty cool too. You have such a diverse range of strong poses! I like the pose beside the vas. That image is an interesting hybrid of soft (the vas) and strong (the get-up). Awesomely creative!

Aww John, never you worry. If your daughter won't stick you in a shed you can bunk with my dad. He tells inappropriate jokes and makes a lot of noise when he eats, but I'll put a little extra slop in the trough so there's plenty to go round

Enola Gay

2012-03-04T23:06:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
TopMember
Hope mine is too - girls don't do sheds!

wilsy82

2012-03-04T23:08:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
TopMember
I think I'll take my teeth out and go to bed now!!

wilsy82

2012-03-04T23:11:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
TopMember
There's an idea for James - MCM mugs for old togs to put their teeth in at night!

gracefaith

2012-03-04T23:13:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
Premium
At his age he ought to have one of his own already

Enola Gay

2012-03-04T23:16:00+00:00 · · report post · quote
TopMember
In my experience, it's the 'old' togs who really cut it - they so know what they are doing, experience without the attitude...end results on time.

Enola x

Please login or join to post

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of MadcowModels, nor its associates.
MadcowModels accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Competition: Image of the Week

Entries open! • Voting Starts: 2014-11-26T12:00:00+00:00View all entries

100 members online
©Copyright 2014, MadcowModels Limited. All Rights Reserved.